Many of us doing many things at the same time, that make us think that we are more productive. Are you like one of my friend who told me that he is like Windows XP, he do multitasking. But have you ask your self at the end of the day, if you really did what you need to do the whole day? Or you only spend most of your time doing things that are not part of what you want to accomplish that day?
Too many distractions
This is the only one reason why most of us are not productive during the day. There are so many distractions to what we are doing that are not part of our daily tasks. Want to know some of them, here they are:
- Checking your email from time to time
- Visiting Facebook From time to time
- Posting Comments To Facebook from time to time
- Watching Videos from Youtube
- Phone Calls
- You do not really know what you want to accomplish that day
- Chit Chat With Your Friends, Office Mate, or Colleagues
- And more distractions
Now try to compute all the time you spend doing all what I mentioned above and you will be surprise that 90% – 99% of your time was wasted. They are the reasons why we are not productive.
Imagine if you eliminate all those distractions, how much work you may completed in the whole day?
So how can we avoid all those distractions and become more productive?
- Write down your goal – You can start with your 1 year goal then break down into months, weeks, and days.
- Create a “what do to list?” – You need to write what you want to accomplished weekly or daily.
- Backtrack– You need to backtrack what you’ve accomplish the other day for you to asses your progress to reach your goal.
That is the 3 most important thing to do for you to be more productive and become successful.
Why you need to write?
Many of us failed to write our goals and what we want to accomplished. The reason why it is important to write your goal and “what to do” is to have a clear direction of what we want to be done. This will help you to monitor your progress.
That’s all folks, I love to hear your comments… start writing your goals and what to do list now.